Acquistapace Farms, Inc.
A family owned farming operation in Santa Maria, CA
A well-established, family-oriented Harvesting company is seeking a qualified Food Safety Manager. The Food Safety Manager will direct and oversee the Food Safety department day to day activities. This Position includes food safety duties, document control, and working with our foreman, supervisors and upper managers to ensure operations comply with Federal, state, local and company Food safety compliance. Position begins full time and ranges from Monday-Saturday.
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, plant science, crop and soil science, food science, food technology or other related scientific areas of study.
- Previous experience with Global Gap, LGMA, Driscoll, Primus, and/or FDA audits is a PLUS.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with personnel, customers, suppliers, and other business contacts.
- Ability to proactively identify challenges and develop solutions.
- High level of integrity and accountability
- Excellent problem solving and follow up skills
- Must be comfortable working independently with minimal oversight
- Time management and prioritization skills, ability to multi-task
- Bilingual, able to read and write in English and Spanish Responsibilities:
- The Food Safety Manager will develop and oversee all of the food safety regulations, policies, and procedures for our operations
- Develop, implement and enforce food safety standards, policies, and programs including, LGMA, and GFSI, regulatory audits, food safety training programs, standard operating procedures (SOP’s)and standardized work instructions.
- Manage Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI), independent 3rd party, customer, internal, and regulatory audits. Analyze results and gather corrective action plans for audit non- conformance.
- Ensure proper logging, swabbing, testing, general sanitation, and adherence to strict food safety protocols
- Ensure that proper maintenance and sanitation of the equipment complies with food safety requirements
- Ensure that managers, supervisors, and employees have the required Food Safety training and are consistently working within Food Safety requirements.
- Monitor and verify activities to ensure that all products going out of our locations meet food safety standards in addition to quality standards
- Responsible for validating changes to food safety fundamentals and food safety plans
- Work closely with Production, General Manager and Human Resources on any food safety or compliance issues
- Ensure that operations comply with federal, state, local, customer and company Food Safety policies and regulations.
- Follow-up promptly and thoroughly on Food Safety complaints from customers.
- Review, organize, file and log all food safety trainings, food safety sheets and GAP forms
- Any other miscellaneous that may include assisting the worker safety department and taking employees to IMG, or providing trainings.
- Must have a practical understanding of food safety compliance, sanitation system and personnel management.
- Must have at least 2 yrs. of experience within the Food safety department.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Salary will be based on (DOE)
- The Company offers a great health plan (medical, vision, dental) and 401K (upon eligibility) + employer match.
- Paid vacation and sick time (upon eligibility).