Colusa-Glenn Farm Credit
Reports To: Accounting Manager
Supervises: No Direct Reports
This position provides administrative and secretarial support to the Administration and Accounting Departments. The Administrative Assistant shall serve as an office receptionist and will be required to answer and direct incoming calls. In addition to general administrative, secretarial, and receptionist duties, the Administrative Assistant shall also support the Accounting Department with daily transaction processing, preparation and organization of files (paper and paperless), organizing and maintaining records according to the retention schedule, and other Accounting Department duties as required.
Job Functions *
35% – Primary receptionist, answers the telephone, responds to common customer questions, takes messages, and transfers calls to the appropriate party. Provides customer service at the front counter, ensuring customers, vendors and employees are handled in a professional and courteous manner. Processes disbursement requests received over phone or in person.
35% – Assists the Accounting Department with their daily workload as directed by the Accounting Manager. Assists with processing of transactions within the loan accounting and general ledger systems.
20% – Creates and maintains Accounting various spreadsheets and documents. This includes organizing and managing files in accordance with the Company’s retention policy.
5% – Assists the Accounts Payable function with respect to the organization, routing and management of vendor invoices and Director/Employee expense claims.
5% – Perform various administrative duties such as copying, scanning, preparing mailings, and miscellaneous clerical work where needed.
n/a – Other duties as assigned to meet the needs of the organization.
* Essential Functions for this position consist of all items listed under any category that make up 5% or more of the job duties. This job description is subject to change without notice.
Position requires a thorough knowledge of office practices and procedures, organization skills, ability to multi-task, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to work independently. Work requires continual attention to detail and accuracy in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities, and meeting deadlines. Good customer service skills are essential. Must have proficient skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Office as well as Adobe. The position requires good verbal and written skills and the ability to communicate effectively with all Company staff. Maintaining confidentiality of information is also essential.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Skill in utilizing accounting systems and applications
- Skill in utilizing Word, Excel and Outlook to increase efficiency and/or effectiveness
- Skill in efficiently and accurately analyzing new information and situations
- Skill in working independently and taking initiative to identify and solve complex problems
- Skill in oral and written communication sufficient to exchange information effectively with peers, management, other Farm Credit contacts and a variety of audiences
- Strong skill in problem solving to identify, communicate, and implement action when needed
- Skill in organizing material and information in a systematic way to optimize efficiency and understanding
- Skill in establishing and maintaining relationships with a variety of internal and external organizations and individuals to advance the Company’s interests and increase personal efficacy
- Responsible to appropriately protect the confidentiality, security, and integrity of the Company’s systems and data and clients’ data
- Notary certification or willingness to pursue a notary certification a plus
- Positions in this class typically require: climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, keyboarding, talking, hearing, seeing, and repetitive motions.
- Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and other sedentary criteria are met.
- Incentive & Other Discretionary Bonuses
- If Notary, Additional Starting Bonus Available
This position is not eligible for remote work. Position is required to be in office to perform job duties.