Recruitment by CalAgJobs
An undisclosed consulting firm is seeking an Agricultural Water Specialist to assist clients with groundwater and surface water in the Southern San Joaquin Valley. The Ag Water Specialist will work directly with farmers, water districts, groundwater sustainability agencies, and other clients under the direction of senior staff. The employer services include SGMA compliance, water district formation and management, groundwater recharge planning and implementation, supplemental water supply acquisition, due diligence on new land acquisitions, and the conceptualization, planning, financing, and construction of water infrastructure including conveyance and groundwater banking facilities.
This is a Southern San Joaquin Valley (Fresno to Bakersfield) remote-work full-time position. Travel to local meetings will frequently be required, as will occasional evening or weekend commitments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Engineering, Natural Resources, or a related field.
- Experience working with California’s agricultural community or water districts.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Eagerness to represent the agricultural community.
- Ability to build partnerships and establish consensus.
- Experience supporting multi-stakeholder groups and/or a board of directors.
- Ability to navigate ambiguity in building new and efficient processes and systems.
- Proficient at using technology (Microsoft Office Suite, Google Earth, etc.).
Salary and benefits
The salary will be dependent on experience. Benefits include health insurance, paid holidays, and PTO. Sick leave provided for all full- employees.
Please submit a resume and cover letter. The position will remain open until filled.