North America Vegetable Product Supply Production Area Manager California
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, NAM VS PS Area Mgr CA are to:
- Crop management, harvest and delivery;
- Ensure all stages of the crop cycle, including pre cleaning operations are executed and managed by the local production team
- Making sure all production data is reported accurately and timely;
- Manage operational expenses, grower costs and CAPEX within company targets;
- Execute the strategy to improve reliability for Stock Seed, Phase IV, Phase V in Open field or Home Farm production;
- Partner with Pre-Commercial Team for all the seed production related to SS, and Phase IV grown in the area;
- Understand the importance and impact of Pre-Commercial Seed;
- Foster collaboration with other Pre-Commercial and Production Areas;
- Act as owner in his/her relationship with growers Production Data and Analysis Review quantity, quality, cost and timeliness data and address areas for improvement, simplification, optimization or expansion of our business, including Grower Performance analysis;
- Grower Pricing Review Process Works with peer area production managers, planning and finance to follow a standardized process to review grower pricing strategies and reduce financial exposure;
- Aim for competitive Base Rates, and align with CPM’s;
- Ensure financial risk analysis is completed related to over production, guarantees, quality incentives and special terms;
- Ensure planned orders are accepted within target timelines, AOA s are created and crops are placed in a manner to meet targeted contract quality, quality, cost and timeliness requirements;
- Innovate and work with Production Research personnel to identify and address projects to improve reliability, quality, and/or cost.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks and incumbent who possesses the following:
- B.S. degree
- Excellent human relation skills, effective communication skills;
- Ability to influence all levels in the organization
- Customer Focus, innovation and experimentation;
- Collaboration and implementation of best practices;
- Knowledge sharing, process and results oriented;
- Negotiation and planning skills;
- Fosters use of digital and analytic tools;
- Instill trust with team and growers;
- Courage, candor and business insight;
- Attract, develop and build effective teams and empowers them to be their best versions.
- Master’s of Science or Master’s in Business Administration;
- Seven years experience in seed industry;
- Experience in leading teams.
*This role may offer Domestic or International relocation* *This role may offer sponsorship*
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer expects its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Bayer active employees are also expected to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status to Occupational Medicine. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, Bayer employees are also required to comply with state, local and customer requirements.
Location: United States : California : Williams
Division: Crop Science
Reference Code: 780195
To apply for this job please visit jobs.bayer.com.