Programs Coordinator/Irrigated Lands Outreach and Education
The Butte County Farm Bureau has an immediate opening for a full-time Programs Coordinator. The ideal candidate will be a creative and personable, self-starter who has experience interacting with members of the agriculture community and maintains a high degree of rapport with key audiences.
• Oversight of communication and education outreach for grower regulatory programing.
• Responsible for the membership development and retention of the organization.
• Manage the execution of multiple BCFB events and program.
• Prepare for and attend monthly Board meetings.
• Answer telephones; greet members and the public entering the office.
• Perform general clerical duties as needed to include but not limited to: letter writing, photocopying, mailing and filing. Assist in the organization and maintenance of the office so that it operates effectively and efficiently.
• Assist in the management of BCFB’s Social Media presence including keeping the BCFB website and Facebook page current and accurate with local news, media and event information.
• Maintain constant communication with BCFB Executive Director regarding any issues or items needing timely attention.
• Attend and assist in the organization and execution of all BCFB events as needed.
• Support BCFB Executive Director in operation of the Butte County Farm Bureau.
• Support BCFB Staff in the operation and execution of BCFB programs.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Passionate self-starter.
• Personable, creative and organized.
• Ability to manage their time to accomplish tasks in a routine and timely manner.
• Can work independently without supervision.
• Working knowledge of computer programs including but not limited to Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher, QuickBooks and InDesign.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Willingness to balance working with different responsibilities and manage multiple priorities in a professional and productive manner.
• Maintains a basic belief in the value of Farm Bureau, organization membership and the agricultural industry.
• Willingness to learn, ask for help, and offer and accept suggestions in a professional manner.
• Have an exceptional work ethic.
• Desire to work in a team environment and with volunteers.
• Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university with major course work in agriculture, communications, public relations or a related field.
• Passionate about agriculture.
• Will be supportive of other staff.
• An ability to work on own initiative; be proactive, organized and find solutions to problems and challenges.
• Current CA Driver’s License.
• Reliable transportation.
• Hourly, DOE.
• Medical, dental and vision benefits.
• Paid vacation and sick leave.
• Cell phone stipend.
To apply, please submit the following items to email@example.com
• Cover letter/email
• Three references with contact information
For questions regarding this announcement, please contact:
Butte County Farm Bureau