Website California Farm Bureau
MEMBER ADVOCACY SPECIALIST
SUMMARY: The Member Advocacy Specialist serves as the initial point of contact to represent CAFB’s values, programs and mission to prospective and existing members, the media the public at large. Responsible for driving recruitment and retention of members and enhancing the member experience.
Assist prospective and existing CAFB members via member helpline in the following areas:
- Enroll, cancel, or renew members and process payments, as necessary.
- Refer unresolved member issues to designated departments for further investigation and follow-up for complete cycle of member service.
- Keep records of member interactions and transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, and comments, as well as actions taken in membership database.
- Coordinate, monitor and ensure resolution of member benefit issues with Benefit Partner representatives
- Coordinate shipment of benefit materials and other related products to members and counties.
Return member inquiries via phone or email within 24-hours of receipt.
Update member database information including contacting members with outdated addresses and email addresses to ensure data integrity of member records.
Participate in meetings including Nimble training, Member Benefit meetings and County Manger meetings.
Input outbound call service member call contact into Nimble and push out communication to corresponding county managers.
Process county Farm Bureau membership goal program payments for approval and push out reports of monthly and annual goal results to county managers and key stakeholders.
Manage content for county Farm Bureau staff use on CFBF.com and Sharepoint, including keeping communication pieces current, maintenance and notification of directory changes.
Assist counties in pulling member reports and other information upon request.
Monitors and updates member lead lists.
Office supply inventory management for division and general administrative assistance.
Provide month-end report of membership reports to division director.
Assist with Annual Meeting and other CAFB events.
Create various templates for the use of Member Advocacy Department and County Farm Bureaus.
Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma and minimum of 2+ years of experience working in a customer service environment; BA preferred.
- Intermediate or higher proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel and PowerPoint is required
- General knowledge of California agriculture.
- Proficiency in maintaining customer or membership records within a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database preferred.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Detail oriented and ability to work on multiple tasks at a time.
- Mission-driven with a passion for helping people and creating positive customer service experiences.
- Proactive and resourceful problem-solver taking into consideration the impact to processes, other stakeholders and the organization’s mission.
California Farm Bureau Federation is an Equal Opportunity Employer