Website Chico State Enterprises
POSITION: Project Manager – Data Management
STATUS: Full-Time / Benefited / Hourly / Non-Exempt
COMPENSATION: $60,000 – $80,000 per year
DEPARTMENT: Center for Regenerative Agriculture & Resilient Systems LOCATION: Center for Regenerative Agriculture & Resilient Systems (CRARS); Hybrid work
RECRUITMENT ID: 020
RESIDENCY: Candidate must be a California resident. Chico State Enterprises is not a sponsoring agency for staff and management positions (i.e. H-1B Visas). ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: This Project Manager will perform data management duties and administrative support and coordination of grant-funded regional conservation planning and education programs as assigned. Following USDA or other guidelines and requirements of the funded program, the position will work with federal and state agencies, and conservation partners to develop and maintain program data collection and reporting tools; assist the Project Director to manage administrative aspects of the grant (e.g., project scheduling and accountability). The position will regularly communicate with the project team and other partners; assist with and participate in project meetings, producer field days and other events as required; support project evaluation activities; and assist in the preparation and submission of project reports. May contribute to ongoing funding and development efforts for sustainability of the Center (e.g., proposal development, leveraging and/or creating partnership and program opportunities). Responsibilities include the following:
- Develop, manage and maintain program data collection and reporting tools based on the project-required Data Dictionary, including quarterly reporting to USDA.
- Technical support for Regional Food Hub website, including data management and collection.
- Design, implementation, monitoring and ongoing improvement of a farmer interface with the CSU, Chico Regenerative Agriculture Demonstration Lab (RAD Lab) to provide user-friendly soil testing and analysis results.
- Assist the Project Director to manage administrative aspects of the grant (e.g., project scheduling and accountability).
- Regular communication with the project team and other partners to collect, manage, and complete project data reporting requirements.
- Participate in project meetings, producer field days and other project-related events as required.
- Support project evaluation activities.
- Assist in the preparation and submission of project reports.
- Other duties, as assigned.
The position may contribute to ongoing funding and development efforts for sustainability of the Center (e.g., proposal development, leveraging and/or creating partnership and program opportunities). EMPLOYMENT STANDARDS:
- Bachelor’s degree with a master’s degree preferred. The field of study should be related to data management, natural resource management, or a related-field that prepares the applicant to meet essential job functions.
- Ability to communicate effectively with federal and state staff, faculty, coworkers, agricultural producers, landowners, conservation planning professionals, and other stakeholders.
- Ability to navigate federal and state agencies to understand data dictionaries and required reporting standards and expectations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with data/database management, analysis and reporting.
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office products, mastery in
- Demonstrated experience in project/program management, including work plans, timelines, budgets and reporting.
- Organizational skills and the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Responsible, punctual, self-directed and task-oriented with strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to adapt in a fast-paced, evolving work environment and to work within deadlines.
- Must have excellent people skills, and work well as a member of a team.
- Supervising students/interns as needed.
- Must have the ability to take direction and dynamically adjust to feedback.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Database management.
- Current experience with data analysis and statistical software (e.g., R).
- Grant writing.
- Project management.
- Ability to travel, as needed.
- Ability to work at a computer for extended periods (>20 hrs/wk).
- Candidate must be in possession of valid driver’s license and automobile liability insurance. Participation in the DMV Employer Pull Notice Program (driving record) is required. The candidate will be required to update their insurance with Chico State Enterprises Human Resources when necessary.
- Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for Chico State Enterprises will make a conditional offer of employment, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current Chico State Enterprises employee who was conditionally offered the position.
Benefits for employees working 30 hours or more per week include employer paid life insurance ($50,000) and long-term disability; options for health, dental, and vision insurance; FSA; 14 paid holidays including 1 personal holiday; vacation accrual (initially 10 days/year); sick leave (up to 12 days/year); employer contributions to your 403(b) retirement plan (up to 8%).
HOW TO APPLY:
To be considered, submit the following documents by November 15th, 2023. Documents submitted after this date may not be considered.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- CSE Application
- Cover letter
- Name and contact information for two (2) references
BY EMAIL: email@example.com
Paper applications will not be accepted; however, Chico State Enterprises is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is happy to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants at any step of the application process. If you need assistance in this regard, or are having technical difficulties, please contact the Human Resources office at 530-898-6811 or firstname.lastname@example.org prior to 5:00 pm on the document deadline date. The employer is Chico State Enterprises, a non- profit corporation serving as an auxiliary organization of California State University, Chico. Employment is considered to be at- will.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Chico State Enterprises is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, color ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, National origin, sex, sexual orientation, covered veteran status, or any other protected status. It is the Enterprises’ policy to hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees must provide proof of identity and authorization to work.