Website Chico State Enterprises
POSITION: Project Manager – Implementation and Farmer Relations
STATUS: Full-Time / Benefited / Hourly / Non-Exempt
COMPENSATION: $60,000 – $80,000 per year
DEPARTMENT: Center for Regenerative Agriculture & Resilient Systems LOCATION: Center for Regenerative Agriculture & Resilient Systems (CRARS); Hybrid
RECRUITMENT ID: 021
RESIDENCY: Candidate must be a California resident. Chico State Enterprises is not a sponsoring agency for staff and management positions (i.e. H-1B Visas). ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: This Project Manager position will be responsible for support and coordination of grant-funded regional conservation practice implementation and education programs. Following USDA or other guidelines and requirements of the funded program, the position will work with federal, state or other agencies/organizations, and conservation partners to provide regenerative agriculture planning and implementation support to producers. The position will regularly communicate with the project team and other partners to enhance technical assistance and partner networks; provide administrative support to process producer incentives; develop and conduct dissemination and outreach strategies with a focus to small and underserved producers; assist with and participate in project meetings, producer field days and other events as required; support project evaluation activities; and assist in the preparation and submission of project reports. May contribute to ongoing funding and development efforts for sustainability of the Center (e.g., proposal development, leveraging and/or creating partnership and program opportunities). EMPLOYMENT STANDARDS:
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to agriculture production, agroecology, natural resource management or a related-field that prepares the applicant to meet essential job functions.
- Knowledge of sustainable/regenerative agriculture farming practices and principles of soil health.
- Ability to communicate effectively with agricultural producers, landowners, technical service providers and other stakeholders.
- Understanding of the National Resource Conservation Service (NRCS) 9-step conservation planning process.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and experience with reporting.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Organizational skills and the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Responsible, punctual, self-directed and task-oriented with strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to adapt in a fast-paced, evolving work environment and to work within deadlines.
- Must have excellent people skills and work well as a member of a team.
- Must have the ability to take direction and dynamically adjust to feedback.
- May serve as a job shadowing mentor to students.
- Ability to productively work in a hybrid environment (remote, on-site, and in-field).
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Certification as a Technical Service Provider (TSP) or Certified Conservation Planner (CCP) in Carbon Farm Planning, Soil Health, Nutrient Management, Wildlife & Pollinator Habitat, Grazing Planning, or Conservation Planning – or interest in becoming certified.
- Grant writing and management experience.
- Experience with COMET planning software.
- Current experience with GIS or other intensive mapping software.
- Farming experience.
- Experience working with farmers and ranchers.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to drive for extended periods.
- Ability to work at a computer for extended periods (>20 hrs/wk)
- Ability to work outdoors in warm and cold weather.
- Candidate must be in possession of valid driver’s license and automobile liability insurance. Participation in the DMV Employer Pull Notice Program (driving record) is required. The candidate will be required to update their insurance with Chico State Enterprises Human Resources when necessary.
- Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for Chico State Enterprises will make a conditional offer of employment, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current Chico State Enterprises employee who was conditionally offered the position.
Benefits for employees working 30 hours or more per week include employer paid life insurance ($50,000) and long-term disability; options for health, dental, and vision insurance; FSA; 14 paid holidays including 1 personal holiday; vacation accrual (initially 10 days/year); sick leave (up to 12 days/year); employer contributions to your 403(b) retirement plan (up to 8%).
HOW TO APPLY:
To be considered, submit the following documents by November 15th, 2023. Documents submitted after this date may not be considered.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- CSE Application
- Cover letter
- Name and contact information for two (2) references
BY EMAIL: email@example.com
Paper applications will not be accepted; however, Chico State Enterprises is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is happy to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants at any step of the application process. If you need assistance in this regard, or are having technical difficulties, please contact the Human Resources office at 530-898-6811 or firstname.lastname@example.org prior to 5:00 pm on the document deadline date. The employer is Chico State Enterprises, a non- profit corporation serving as an auxiliary organization of California State University, Chico. Employment is considered to be at- will.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Chico State Enterprises is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, color ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, National origin, sex, sexual orientation, covered veteran status, or any other protected status. It is the Enterprises’ policy to hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees must provide proof of identity and authorization to work.