Website Colusa-Glenn Farm Credit
Job Title: Senior Loan Officer
Reports To: Chief Credit Officer
Supervises: No Direct Reports
The Senior Loan Officer generates new business with new and existing clients, maintains relationships, initiates and facilitates the loan origination process with employees and large and complex loans and develops a strong presence in the community.
35% – Analyzes credit for new actions and servicing actions, verifies and reviews financial documentation and closing conditions, determines product pricing, makes recommendations on approvals and denials.
35% – Originates loans by accepting applications, gathering income information, and Verifying financials for new and existing clients. Matches program, product, and terms to client needs. Builds and maintains a portfolio consisting of large, complex loans. Prepares and monitors employee related loans.
15% – Selects and reviews loan documentation prior to closing. Verifies loan files for accuracy and completeness.
10% – Represents and promotes Colusa-Glenn Farm Credit at agricultural organization meetings and events. Develops relationships with internal and external contacts to market credit and explain lending policies and procedures. Maintains a professional presence throughout the agricultural community and develops a network among community leaders and influencers. Determines potential business opportunities by visiting farms.
n/a – Other duties as assigned to meet the needs of the organization.
* Essential Functions for this position consist of all items listed under any category that make up 5% or more of the job duties. This job description is subject to change without notice.
- Bachelor’s degree in ag business or business
- 5 years of related experience in banking or commercial appraisal
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job
Required Knowledge and Skill
- Expert knowledge of the agricultural industry
- Expert knowledge of credit underwriting processes
- Expert knowledge of financial services industry
- Skill in reasoning persuasively to sell or promote Colusa-Glenn’s products and services
- Skill in establishing and maintaining relationships with a variety of internal and external organizations and individuals to advance the organization’s interests and increase personal efficacy
- Skill in listening and conveying awareness of a customer’s problem or issue to find resolution
- Skill in community relations activities
- Oral and written communication skills sufficient to discuss a variety of job-related topics, and to effectively communicate complex topics to a variety of audiences
- Responsible to appropriately protect the confidentiality, security, and integrity of the Association’s systems and data and clients’ data
- Sitting for extended periods of time and accomplishing work at a desk and sitting at a computer for extended periods of time.
- Maybe subjected to environmental conditions and atmospheric conditions, including: dusts, fumes, extreme temperatures, inadequate lighting, and intense noises.
- Incentive & Other Discretionary Bonuses
- Medical, Dental, and Vison coverage
- 401K – automatic 3% employer contribution, plus match up to 6%
- Vacation Leave, Sick Leave, Dependent Care Leave
This position is eligible for remote work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.