Website Kamprath Seed
Business Development, Kamprath Seed
Reports to VP Ag Sales
California – Sacramento Valley, Central Valley, Napa Valley
This is primarily an outside business development / sales position requiring consistent travel in the Territory noted above. This position reports directly to the General Manager of Kamprath Seed, while also working closely with other senior managers at NativeSeed Group as directed to help develop business relationships in the territory that result in an increase in sales for the location
- Work with government agencies, NGOs & private organizations to aggressively promote cover cropping practices in almond production and similar end markets
- Assist in the coordination and implementation of marketing strategies.
- Build long-term relationships with new and existing customers.
- Work with staff Agronomist to conduct research to identify new markets and customer needs.
- Drive expansion into new geographic markets and products – pursuing new cover crop business opportunities outside of almonds.
- Monitor the company’s market position and competition to keep business competitive.
- Maintain and share professional knowledge through education, networking, events, and presentations.
- Develop a strong agronomic understanding of company products and services.
- Develop a growth strategy focused both on financial gain and customer satisfaction.
- BS/BA in agriculture business, sales, agronomy, or relevant field.
- Proven experience in agricultural business, agriculture sales or a relevant role.
- Ability to travel within designated territory.
- Experience in customer support and/or service.
- Proficiency in Microsoft O365
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to quickly build rapport.
- Excellent time management and planning skills.
- PCA/CCA license or the ability to attain certification within 1 year of employment.
- Experience with cover crops and native seed
As a full time employee, you will be eligible for company benefits after a 60 day introduction period.
- Health Insurance
- Available HSA (with employer match) and PPO insurance options
- Company Paid Vision Premiums
- 401k with Employer Match
- 16 Days PTO/Year with increase for long term employees
- Paid Holidays
- $15K Employer Paid Life/AD&D
- Yearly performance reviews with potential for wage increase
- Company vehicle will be provided
Salary is $70k – $80k annually depending on experience