The overall goal of the Management Trainee is to help ensure the safe, profitable operation of the company.
Those operations include:
- Assisting the Exec team in working to achieve:
- Sourcing seed from both growers and other seed companies and coordinating the logistics of getting the seed to company facilities or shipped directly to customers.
- Selling seed to retail customers or wholesale dealers.
Duties & Responsibilities of the Management Trainee in seeking to achieve these goals include:
- Conversing, in person, or on the phone with growers to contract acres of the crops we are basic in, locally and in Oregon, Nevada, and other locations.
- Forecasting needs for product based on previous years, trends & market decisions. Monitoring crop expectations and making adjustments to stay near forecasted needs.
- Forecasting bag needs and buying bags efficiently and in time for use.
- Assuring that mill and other equipment required to receive, process, store & care for inventory is in safe, working condition.
- Coordinating inbound product scheduling, processing, & packaging.
- Working with Executive General Manager on estimating cost of product and developing pricing systems for both wholesale and retail sales. Developing individualizes price catalogs for dealers and distributing those catalogs.
- Communicating with dealers and large retail customers regarding inventory and pricing fluctuations. Managing bookings for dealers and retail customers to ensure that product is available at the customers time of need.
- Ensuring that custom mixes are correct and processed in time for customer needs.
- Ensuring that standard mixes are correct and inventories are available to fill current needs.
- Taking orders from dealers and large retail customers via telephone and emails.
- Assisting freight coordinator (operations manager) in making the most efficient use of available shipment modes to complete shipment of these orders.
- Making purchases of processed seed from other suppliers when necessary to make sales and fill orders.
- Monitoring receivables and communicating with past due customers regarding their accounts.
- Labor relations
- Work with the California Certified Organic Farmers and California Crop Improvement Association for certified seed.
- Communicate with company salesmen.
- This role requires 8-10 overnight stays per year, typically 3-4 days at a time. Additionally numerous day trips to visit customers and fields are required.
- The role requires half day work on Saturdays from June to Thanksgiving.
- Experience working in agriculture
- Strong work ethic
- Competency working in a fast paced environment and juggling multiple projects
- Computer literacy
Salary and Benefits:
Salary DOE. Company offers very competitive health and dental benefits. This role also offers a company vehicle and phone.
About the Company:
This is a family owned company with an long and successful history and many long time employees
Candidates should have a home base between Merced and Fresno.