POSIBL is the cannabis farm of the future. As the engine for several of California’s leading brands, and over 1,000,0000 units of packaged product to date, POSIBL is redefining what it means to produce the highest quality cannabis. Leveraging a state-of-art system that uses less to do more, POSIBL brings the best greenhouse technology and expertise from traditional agriculture into cannabis, and pairs it with the best possible genetics to produce the perfect flower — grown in an ethical, sustainable, free of pesticide and cost-efficient way, year-round.
POSIBL is seeking a high-performing Controller for our onsite operations in Salinas, CA. The incumbent is a key member of the management team reporting directly to the CEO. This in-house role is a firsthand, self-directed position that will lead and direct the Company’s overall accounting functions, procedures, and policies. Represents the Company in an ethical and professional manner in all interactions with team members, customers, vendors, and governmental agencies, ensuring the confidentiality of all financial, proprietary, and confidential information.
- Assesses current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement and implementing new processes. Establish and ensure that effective internal control environment exists.
- Maintain accounting process ensuring accurate and timely month- & year-end closes in accordance with GAAP and corporate policy.
- Prepare monthly and annual financial statements and reports.
- Manages regulatory reporting, including tax planning and compliance.
- Analyzes and interprets statistical and accounting information in order to appraise operating results in terms of profitability and performance against budget.
- Reports key cost indicators and operational performance indicators in a meaningful way to improve management decision-making.
- Manages the standard cost systems and product costing process.
- Lead the development of annual plan budgets and weekly/monthly forecasting.
- This position will also add value through strategic projects and initiatives that focus on driving the business forward.
- Coordinates external auditors’ activities.
- Works in coordination with operations, purchasing, inventory, payroll, and external CPA firms.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, Business Administration, or equivalent experience is required. MBA or CPA ideal and a major plus.
- 5 – 10 years of progressive fiscal management experience is required.
- 5 – 7 years in a cost manufacturing and agricultural environment is highly desired.
- 3 – 5 years of inventory accounting background. Experience in mergers and acquisitions is required.
- 7 -10 years ERP software experience with integrating data from multiple systems and databases required.
- Proficiency in QuickBooks, Microsoft Office & Google Suite of products or other related accounting software are required.
- Expert knowledge of local, state, and federal payroll principles, practices, and regulations and of principles and practices of budgeting, forecasting, financial planning.
- Expert technical accounting skills, including knowledge of GAAP and current accounting principles and practices; knowledge of GASB a plus.
- Prior supervisory experience (4 – 7 years) supervisory experience a plus.
- Cannabis industry desired but not required.
- Experience in working with multiple legal entities.
- Excellent written and verbal skills with leadership experience with the ability to solve problems in a collaborative environment, knowledge of principles and practices of effective management, including employee performance evaluations.
- Excellent coaching and team building skills; strong people skills.
- Excellent time management with the ability to manage multiple projects independently.
- Must be at least 21 years of age per state regulations; successfully pass a background check and have a clean driving record.
- This position requires extended sitting in an office environment. Must be able to walk on uneven terrain as needed.
WHAT POSIBL OFFERS
- Competitive salary including annual bonus.
- Competitive employee group benefits paid at 100% for medical, dental and vision. We believe it is important to keep family healthy. That is why POSIBL also covers 80% of dependent coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care.
- 401(k) plan.
- Life and work quality.
- Teaming with an amazing organization, all here for the better good for our industry.