Regional Sales Representative
calagjobs Recruitment by CalAgJobs
The Regional Sales Representative responsibilities include selling products to distributors and dealers and expanding customer base. Organize and make technical presentations about products at grower meetings, dealer/distributor meetings, trade shows. Ride with distributor and dealer sales/agronomists/PCAs to meet with growers when necessary. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates organizational awareness; knows administrative policies and procedures; has knowledge of company product line, application rates, pricing, and business practices.
- Provides accurate information and feedback on territory and makes information easily accessible to President and other members of the company.
- Effectiveness in selling company products; can grow sales in the territory by expanding use on crop acreages, increase sales annually over previous year. Demonstrates data analysis skills, computer software skills; written and verbal communication abilities providing relevant and timely information to management, co-workers, subordinates, and customer; judgment, problem solving and decision-making skills, teamwork, project coordination, work practices and contributions to the company.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; displays commitment to excellence; looks for ways to improve and promote the line of products; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Remains current on new developments and competing products affecting company and provides to management and marketing information on such.
- Provides feedback to marketing and research and development on product literature/data presentation.
- Helps to set up grower trials when necessary.
- Effectiveness in time management; initiative and independent action within prescribed limits. Completes activity reports, expenses reports and assignments on time.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities to meet priorities and timeline; completes effective and useful activity reports; identifies needed resources; plans and utilizes existing and new resources efficiently; completes sales forecast annually and strives to meet forecast; systematically analyses forecasted sales versus actual sales on routine basis with explanations of increases or decreases, tracks inventory levels, tracks field trials through completion, accommodates multiple demands for commitment of time energy and resources; adapts to changing priorities, situations and demands; integrates changes.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed by management.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- BS in agronomy or soil, microbiology sciences.
- Three to five years’ experience in selling agricultural inputs.
- Good organization skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Required Key Attributes:
- Excellent problem solving and conflict management skills and abilities.
- Attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Motivation and desire to grow with company.
- Prolonged periods sitting at in a vehicle and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at a time.
- Able to travel as needed.