Recruitment by CalAgJobs
REGIONAL SALES AGRONOMIST
An established company in the biostimulant market distributing to more than 40 countries, with more than 50 years of experience of sustainable harvesting and manufacturing of seaweed extract is seeking multiple Regional Sales Agronomists within California.
Responsibilities will include market development in line with the company strategy, establishing new partnerships and technical support to the current customer base.
This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in a growing market with sustainability and food security at its core, and will involve working closely with customers, advisors, and farmers.
REQUIREMENTS & DUTIES:
Includes but is not limited to the following:
- A sound knowledge of the agriculture industry in California and its key crops.
- Contribute to the growth strategy, marketing plan and product development in the region.
- The ability to build strong client relationships across all levels and departments.
- Identify new opportunities in focus regions
- Demonstrate sales understanding and strong sales activity
- Good organizational and administrative skills to be complimented by excellent written and verbal communication skills
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Science in Agronomy or Master of Science is desirable.
- 5 or more years of sales experience within the agricultural industry, in chemical or fertilizer companies, with strong technical knowledge and experience.
- Good knowledge in the main crops and fruit trees of California (PCA, FCA or CCA is desirable).
- Biostimulant sales experience will be beneficial
- Good communication and presentation skills is essential.
- Proficient in Microsoft office.