Recruiting by CalAgJobs
SENIOR AGRICULTURAL RESOURCES ENGINEER
Based in Merced, California, we are seeking a Senior Agricultural Resources Engineer to join our team in Merced and/or Tulare. We are a resource to the agriculture community offering the following services:
- Land use consulting and regulatory compliance
- Surface water acquisition
- Land and water investment
- Infrastructure Planning and Financing
Our clients, including Water Districts and farmers, are located between Chico and Bakersfield in the Central Valley of California. Our relatively small team is focused on bringing value and longevity to California Agriculture.
This position requires technical expertise, design, project planning, project engineering, management, client relations and/or business development. Performance of each of these responsibilities is expected to be at a higher level and with minimal supervision.
We expect candidates to have a thorough understanding, interest and broad experience in areas such as: irrigation district operations, system modernization, groundwater management, recharge and banking, environmental compliance issues, project funding, water rights, developing feasibility studies, project planning and design, public works construction contracts, water transfers and exchanges.
Occasional field work and overnight travel are required.
- Interact with farming and water district clients to understand their resource needs.
- Provide advice on water quality and issues related to ground and surface water supply.
- Plan, design, and direct the construction of irrigation, drainage, groundwater recharge and flood control systems.
- Prepare reports, sketches, working drawings, specifications, proposals, and budgets for proposals.
- Complete water balance spreadsheet reports.
- Prepare permit applications and other regulatory approval documents, as well as interact with the relevant governmental agencies for water infrastructure projects.
- Must hold an active CA PE license or licensed in another state and be willing to sit for CA license within 12 months of hire
- 10 years leading and directing studies, investigations, and designs
- Project management experience
- Experience with farmers and irrigation districts and knowledge of California water rights and the State and Federal water systems preferred
- Office environment, located in Merced or Tulare, CA. If desired, the right candidate could opt for a home office located elsewhere in the San Joaquin Valley
- Regular day trips, primarily in California
- Salary: Competitive and commensurate with experience