Website Water and Land Solutions
Water and Land Solutions, LLC (WLS) is seeking an Agricultural Water Specialist to assist clients with groundwater and surface water in the Sacramento Valley. The Ag Water Specialist will work directly with farmers, water districts, groundwater sustainability agencies, and other clients under the direction of the Senior Ag Water Specialist. WLS services include SGMA compliance, water district formation and management, groundwater recharge planning and implementation, supplemental water supply acquisition, due diligence on new land acquisitions, and the conceptualization, planning, financing, and construction of water infrastructure including conveyance and groundwater banking facilities.
This is a Sacramento Valley-based remote-work position and can be full-time or part-time. Travel to local meetings will frequently be required, as will occasional evening or weekend commitments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Engineering, Natural Resources, or a related field.
- Experience working with California’s agricultural community or water districts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Eagerness to represent the agricultural community
- Ability to build partnerships and establish consensus
- Experience supporting multi-stakeholder groups and/or a board of directors
- Ability to navigate ambiguity in building new and efficient processes and systems
- Proficient at using technology (Microsoft Office Suite, Google Earth, etc.)
Salary and benefits
$30-$40 per hour depending on experience. Health insurance, paid holidays, and PTO if working 30 or more hours per week. Sick leave provided for full- and part-time employees.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Jenny Scheer at firstname.lastname@example.org by September 17. The position will remain open until filled.
About Water and Land Solutions
WLS is a water consulting firm formed in 2018 in response to declining surface water deliveries and groundwater restrictions from SGMA. Our clients are primarily farmers and agricultural water districts and also include GSAs, agribusinesses, financial institutions, and investment companies. WLS is based in Los Banos with staff in Chico and Visalia.