Agronomy Internship with Reiter Affiliated Companies
Western Growers Assocation in partnership with Reiter Affiliated Companies
2 – WATSONVILLE POSITIONS AVAILABLE
2 – OXNARD POSITIONS AVAILABLE
1 – SANTA MARIA POSITION AVAILABLE
The Agronomy internship performs a wide range of activities in a real-time production environment. The Intern is assigned mentors who provide active learning experiences and achievement objectives. Work is performed outside of classroom schedules unless the internship has been approved to occur during school hours.
There are two types of internship programs: Paid and Unpaid. These are mutually exclusive, the intern cannot participate in both types. The intent of the internship is not to fill a job vacancy, but for the sole benefit of the intern’s educational experience. Internships do not replace actual jobs of the company.
Choose the type of internship below.
☒ Paid internship is offered for the following internship categories: Agricultural, Business, and Information Technology.
☐ Unpaid internship is only associated with academic credit and must meet the requirements of the approved school curriculum.
Objective 1: Learn and monitor for SWD/Lygus in grower fields throughout the District’s Counties by recording SWD/Lygus count data each week. Collaborate with team members on GIS heat maps, Tableau data analysis, and Excel forms
Objective 2: Learn and support District Team with field inspections and risk assessment reporting. Intern will create weekly SWD severity reports and communicate findings to growers. Retrieve and review spray records with Entomology team member.
Objective 3: Help investigate SWD and conduct soil sampling procedures. Provide a presentation on findings at the end of internship.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to:
- Communicate verbally and in writing in English and Spanish, preferred
- Work in a team-oriented environment
- Problem solve and recommend solutions
- Plan and prioritize
- Learn and apply new skills
- Proficiently use Microsoft Office suite
- Can work independently and manage their own time
- Detail oriented, curious, analytical
- Be flexible and have the ability to work in various conditions (both indoors and outdoors)
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college/university, pursuing a degree in any of the following:
- Agricultural, Course studies in agriculture, horticulture, pest science, or agriculture business
- No working experience required
PLEASE SUBMIT A COVER LETTER AND RESUME. PLEASE CONFIRM THE LOCATION YOU WOULD LIKE TO APPLY FOR.