Website Wilbur Ellis
Work Where EveryONE Matters
Are you someone who demonstrates a commitment to safety, environmental stewardship, and EHS excellence? Do you strive to be a team player with a positive outlook? Are you proficient with MS Excel and other database tools? If so, we want to hear from, YOU!
For over a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing agricultural products and services. Join us and grow your career with a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth and development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!
General Purpose and Scope of Position: The Manufacturing Product Planner will be responsible for the daily facilitation and balancing of the manufacturing site, including but not limited to; the production plan and open orders to ensure all needs are met between the customer and the manufacturing site. You will communicate closely with the Plant Manager, Supply Chain, and Marketing Teams, on the progress with activities of the facility and provide updates on issues concerning production, purchasing, and supplies.
Key Skills and Abilities include:
- A college degree is preferred; a High School Diploma with 3-5 years of relevant job experience will be considered.
- Lead with a safety-focused attitude.
- Team player with a positive outlook, willing to work multiple shifts, and willing to work overtime hours during busy seasons.
- Always maintain a professional appearance and positive attitude.
- Must be punctual and on time for work.
- Knowledge or ability to learn JDE enterprise system.
- Proficient with MS Excel and other database tools
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Working knowledge of manufacturing practices is a plus.
Key Personal Attributes Include:
- This is a highly analytical, data-driven work environment. Fluency with MS Excel, Enterprise Resource Programs (ERP), and the ability to learn and become fluent in new programs will be a high priority.
- Customer service focused
- Excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated commitment to safety, environmental stewardship, and EHS excellence
- Managing projects to meet deadlines
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables Include:
- Production planning of all manufactured products produced at the manufacturing site through the means of JDE, Adappt, and MicroStrategy.
- Daily facilitation and balancing of the manufacturing site production plan and open orders to ensure all needs are met between the customer and manufacturing site monthly production goals.
- Serve as a liaison between the manufacturing site and the respective Branded Products Portfolio Managers for information on their portfolios.
- Serve as site liaison between the manufacturing site and the respective Branded Product Territory Managers (sales team) for information on product forecasting and demand planning.
- Assist in regulatory audits, maintain site files, and assemble and submit reports in an accurate and timely manner. As well as the ability to create and digest reports for regulatory requests.
- Lead in developing an environment of teamwork across all business functions in the company; communicate closely with Plant Manager, Supply Chain, and marketing teams on progress with activities of the facility and provide updates on issues concerning production, purchasing, and supplies.
- Planning and oversight of site capital expense requests and maintaining records of pending projects with the partnership of the Plant Manager and the facilities team.
- Facilitate monthly inspections and monthly checklists
- Ability to understand and implement Wilbur-Ellis manufacturing and site vision, mission, values, expectations, and goals
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary, based on experience and other factors
- Benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k, Employee Assistance Program, vacation, sick time, life insurance, + more); Pension Plan, 401k match up to 3%
- Drug-Free Workplace
If you are currently a Wilbur-Ellis employee, please notify your Manager prior to applying for this position. Thank you! COMPANY CULTURE Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed, specialty chemicals, and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over 100 years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit, and a dedication to quality work, our customers, and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry’s best workforce Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits, and a tradition of promoting a broad range of career opportunities from within. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.