Virtual interviews have become more common than ever before, and as the CalAgJobs team primarily works remotely, we have some valuable tips to share with you regarding virtual interviews. Here’s what you need to know:
Tips for Your Next Virtual Interview
- Before the interview, ensure that your camera and microphone are working properly on the application you’ll be using. For instance, if you’re using Zoom, download and test the application to ensure your device functions smoothly.
- Opt for a simple background behind you to avoid distracting the interviewer.
- Dress professionally, as you’ll still be visible on video. Maintain a polished appearance.
- While non-verbal cues may have less impact in a virtual setting, focus on making eye contact, smiling, and staying within the frame to project confidence.
- Position yourself at a comfortable distance from the camera, neither too close nor too far away.
- Turn off all notifications on your device and eliminate any potential distractions in your environment.
- It can be more challenging to showcase your personality through a screen, so prioritize being authentic and enthusiastic.
- Remember to follow up after the interview, just as you would for an in-person meeting. Take the time to thank the interviewers for their consideration.
Learn more tips for preparing for interviews here and by following our social media channels:
Best of luck and we hope to see your resume which you can submit at www.calagjobs.com!